Mobile World Congress is full of prototype phones that promise a future of folding handsets and blazing-fast 5G speeds. Just don't believe the hype.
Hot on the trails of tech giants like Samsung and Huawei, Energizer is looking to cash in on the foldable phone trend with a device of their own.
HTC has unveiled its new 5G Smart Hub, a 5G mobile hotspot that support up to 20 users and will be available to Telstra customers later this year.
MWC 2019: Oppo say foldable smartphones are still a work in progress (but show their prototype anyway)
Oppo isn't bringing a foldable smartphone to Mobile World Congress but they did give us a few reasons why not.
LG's press conference say them announce their flagship G8 ThinQ and their first 5G smartphone, the V50 ThinQ.
HMD Global's Nokia press conference saw them show off five new handsets, including the Nokia 9 Pureview.
Huawei brought their first foldable smartphone to play at its MWC 2019 press conference.
Here’s what do expect from each smartwatch brand in 2019.
LG has announced the two new devices it'll be showing off at this year's Mobile World Congress (and bringing to Australia later this year).
Lenovo's newest mainstream IdeaPad laptops give you a choice between Ryzen and RX Vega, or Core i7 and a mystery GeForce MX graphics.
At MWC, Lenovo updates its workhorse ThinkPad T490, as well as the ThinkPad T490s and larger T590 with 500-nit HDR displays, new privacy options, and more.
Microsoft has launched HoloLens 2 with an expanded field of view and—with a price of $3,500—a clear aim at business rather than consumers.
LG has unveiled the V50 ThinQ, which is basically a V40 with 5G. Sigh.
The LG G8 looks a lot like the G7 it replaces, but it brings two new features that make it more forward-looking than anything LG has done in years.
Alcatel have unveiled the new Alcatel 3, Alcatel 3L and Alcatel 1S at this year's Mobile World Congress.
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage. As a highly competitive market, each company has developed its own point of difference and value proposition, and this is great for users, as it means that no matter what they might need cloud storage for, one of the available services will have them covered.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Fitbit Charge 3 review: Keeping it simple
- 4 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 5 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
Join the newsletter!
- Folding phones and 5G aren't here yet and aren't coming anytime soon
- MWC 2019: Energizer unveil a mad-sketchy foldable phone of their own
- MWC 2019: HTC's 5G Hub to be "Australia's first 5G mobile device"
- MWC 2019: Oppo say foldable smartphones are still a work in progress (but show their prototype anyway)
- In Pictures: LG push into the era of 5G with the new V50 and G8 ThinQ
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?