Boost Dex phone: Full in-depth review
How usable is the sub-$100 Alcatel Pixi 4 Android smartphone?
- Very cheap
- Iffy screen
- Struggles with casual games
- Camera not the sharpest
For $99 you can't ask for much but Boost still delivers a usable Android smartphone.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Only a 2,000mAh battery is included but the low-powered processor and small screen meant that it easily lasted a full day and could even stretch into two under low usage. We did find that it often took a long time to charge up though and that different combinations of cables and chargers made a big difference.
If you’re a multimedia fan or like playing casual games, you’ll find this phone frustrating. However, it’s a sub-$100 Android smartphone and will cheerfully let you interact with emails, browse the web and do social media things just fine.
The next best budget phone we’ve tested is its big brother, the six-inch Alcatel A3 XL, but that looks expensive at $80 more.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 2 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
- 3 Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- 4 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 5 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
Latest News Articles
- Apple Weekly Update: 5 fascinating facts from the Apple-Epic trial
- Report: Microsoft has put Windows 10X on hold
- Now the MacBook could be the next to get colors
- Apple injects $410M into laser maker as AR glasses rumors swirl
- The iMac and VESA: Pick the right option or press your luck
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- Signal's hack of surveillance software a big concern for courts
- Oppo A74 5G review: A smartphone that redefines 'entry level'
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?