SanDisk Extreme Pro - Blazing-fast performance for professional grade videos and photos
- Great performance
- Irritating menu system, No on/off switch
Overall, this is a solid unit for a home network and it achieved some of the best throughput results in our tests.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
The D-Link DSL-G604T achieved the highest throughput of all the modems we tested. However it took us a while to get the hang of this modem's interface, which uses side and top buttons to take you to the different sections of configurable features.
In the configuration pages you can enable the firewall, which has DoS protection as well as protection against port scanning. You can also specifically filter incoming and outgoing traffic, depending on the IP address.
One thing that is a little annoying is the lack of an on/off switch, which would come in handy at times when cutting the power is the only way to reset the modem. In saying that, we didn't experience any crashes with this modem while using the Internet and transferring data to multiple PCs on our network simultaneously.
However, we do wish all the settings for implementing the wireless connection and wireless security were in one place in the interface.
It's a relatively inexpensive modem, and can be used to serve a wireless network through its built-in 802.11b/g module.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 2 Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- 3 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 4 Moto G8 (2020) review: Win some, lose some
- 5 iPhone SE (2020) review: What's old is new again
Latest News Articles
- Telstra talks big with new Wall-To-Wall Wi-Fi guarantee
- Amazon break into Mesh Wi-Fi with Eero
- Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months
- Netgear's first wave of Wi-Fi 6 routers are pricey as hell
- Telstra launch Australia's first 5G hotspot
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?