If you hate waiting for your smartphone to charge up, relief is coming soon. After some hiccups, Qualcomm's superfast charging technology, called Quick Charge 4, will be in smartphones around the middle of this year.
Batteries, Power, Energy and Renewables
Apple could be developing its own power management chips, according to a report from German private bank Bankhaus Lampe. The release of the report led to a sharp drop in the shares of Dialog Semiconductors, the current supplier of these chips to the iPhone maker.
Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk today tweeted an update on the sale of his company's latest product, roof shingles that double as solar power generators.
San Diego Gas & Electric unveiled a new pilot energy storage substation that utilizes a vanadium redox flow (VRF) battery storage system that can store up to 2 million watts of electricity.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
Chinese smartphone maker Meizu claims its Super mCharge technology can recharge batteries in as little as 20 minutes.
Razer's latest product is an external battery that can charge up to three devices at once.
All the features you want from a surge suppressor, and for a reasonable price.
As our personal electronic devices get more complex, researchers say cosmic rays could put them at a greater risk of operational failure.
In the age of Pokemon Go, the person with the most-charged phone is king. There’s much to love about the cute critters, but as players are all too aware, the one special power that they all share is Phone Battery Vampire.
Being a tech lover does not exclude loving food too! In fact, many people who enjoy tech and gadgets enjoy a good selection of nibbles to accompany their tech time. So, if you need a good present, fine food and beverages rate highly. Here’s a quick guide to some of the best hampers and baskets available.
Although they have their pros and cons, cartridge-based printers can sometimes be more troublesome and frustrating to use than you’d like.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 3 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 4 DJI Mavic 2 Pro review: These glorious heights
- 5 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple is developing its own power management chips, says analyst
- Galaxy S8+ gets high marks in battery test, but that might not tell the whole story
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- San Diego installs massive flow battery that can power 1,000 homes
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?