Apple chose a different startup scheme for its Apple silicon models that prevents booting up from an Intel-targeted disk.
If you’ve gone through routine troubleshooting and nothing fixes your drive. you may want to try to recover the startup volume’s contents by booting using recoveryOS.
Bluetooth can be a useful technology for short-range connections, sometimes known as personal area networks (PANs). We use Bluetooth for fitness bands, earbuds and headphones, hotspot tethering, and input peripherals.
Concerned about your Mac's startup SSD or hard disk drive falling into someone else's hands? Encrypting the startup volume prevents access to that drive unless they know an account password password or, in some cases, possess the correct hardware to unlock the contents.
You can avoid most of the Internet bandwidth overhead by copying from drive to drive.
Years ago, Apple automatically created a Recovery partition when installing macOS. But it can get corrupted, overwritten, or deleted.
Lithium-ion batteries slowly shrink in capacity; a replacement may be covered under warranty.
If you need to copy the full set of nested folders or Unix file paths, there are two Finder tricks.
Maybe you have an account in which you mixed personal and business purposes, or you had a single account for your family. Here's how to split those out.
If something goes wrong with your Mac accounts, you may still be able to gain access with the Recovery Key.
It may not be a hot category anymore, but good desktop PCs are still around if you know where to look
Our top rated PCs for February 2012
Here are all the Medion PCs we've reviewed to date
Notebooks may be more popular, but PCs are still around
Events over the past 18 months have highlighted just how inherently valuable technology has become for educators. From the remote delivery of classes and classwork notes and facilitating communication and collaboration between isolating students, right through to the expanded resources available by being able to access education from anywhere, technology is delivering both resilience to the education sector, and generating better outcomes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Blade 14 review: For gamers who want to lighten up
- 2 Vivo X60 Pro (2021) smartphone review: A capable photographer’s companion
- 3 MSI Summit E15 (2021) review: A productivity workhorse with a gaming pedigree
- 4 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 5 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to migrate a startup volume from an Intel to an M1 Mac
- How to copy a failing drive to a backup using Mac Recovery
- How to reset a Mac’s Bluetooth settings
- How to encrypt Time Machine backups
- How to copy your Photos library from one Mac to another
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Razer just made gamer thimbles
- How to download proof of Covid-19 vaccination to your smartphone in Australia
- HTC Vive Pro 2 Full Kit is now available for pre-order in Australia
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?