Log files are important for troubleshooting, but many apps are not good at cleaning out old ones that aren't useful anymore. Here's how you can see what's gong on with log files on your Mac.
Notebooks - News
Snapshots are a powerful way for backup software to provide a quick point in time to walk back to when you don’t necessarily need to restore the entire volume. But they take up a lot of storage space.
A new rumours says the new iPad Pro will arrive last week with little fanfare, no event, and no other products alongside it.
A judge has approved a class-action suit against Apple over defective cables in the 2016 15-inch MacBook Pro that led to backlighting issues.
You can access the startup volume on one Mac as a drive that appears on another that’s directly connected. This is known as Target Disk Mode on Intel Macs; it's still available on Apple silicon Macs, too.
Here are all the products, software updates, and service updates we know (and hope) Apple will release in April 2021.
When Apple released the M1 Macs, they also changed the boot modes that were available with Intel Macs. Learn what you need to do to get into Recovery Mode and other boot modes—and also what procedures are now gone.
Apple's butterfly keyboards have long been the cause of grief among MacBook users. Now a class-action lawsuit may give them money in return forfor their troubles.
Adobe pushes the M1 native version of Photoshop to all users, but there are some differences between it and the Rosetta app.
A new report from Jon Prosser says a new mini Mac Pro is in the works as well as a colorful iMac redesign.
If M1 Macs are performing too many writes on the SSD, that could lead to drive problems down the road.
The refurbished store is a good way to save on the 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro with more memory and higher-capacity SSDs than the standard configurations. You can get a refurbished model with a 2TB SSD and 16GB of memory for $1,949. That's a $350 savings ...
Apple is offering free battery replacements to some older MacBook Pro users.
There are no new features in this release, but it has several important bug fixes and security updates.
Apple’s consumer-level laptop could see a redesign later this year or in early 2022.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 2 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
- 3 Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- 4 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 5 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce NOW is coming soon to Australia
- Dell's Boxing Day tech sales have started early this year
- Black Friday Deal: 15% off Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Best Black Friday Lenovo deals
- Something for everybody in Acer’s new models
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- JBL PartyBox 310 lets you party in wet and dark places and sing duets
- Fujifilm announces GFX Suite at Park Hyatt Sydney (102-megapixel camera included)
- Valheim: how to create a dedicated server
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?