While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
Notebooks - Slideshows
The Acer Aspire One is set to compete with ASUS' Eee PC and HP's Mini-Note PC. It's pretty much the same size as the Eee PC, but has some exciting features (including Intel's Atom CPU) and it looks fantastic. If you're after a new ultraportable laptop, or 'netbook', as the manufacturers like to call them, this one is as just as good as the Eee PC, if not better.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
A desktop replacement notebook is perfect if you don't have the space for a fully fledged desktop setup, but today's desktop replacement notebooks are often much more than typical notebooks: in many cases they are complete entertainment systems, and are a perfect centrepiece for your lounge room. In this slideshow we'll show you five of the best home entertainment notebooks currently on the market.
Don't let hooligans handle your hardware. Here are eight ways to keep your notebook from being pinched -- or to get it back if it is stolen.
The budget ultraportable notebook market has been scorching hot since Asus launched its Eee PC 701 4G to wide acclaim. Now Hewlett-Packard has joined the fray with the HP 2133 "Mini-Note PC" starting from $899
If it's a home entertainment notebook you're lusting after, look no further than the latest offering from ASUS.
Intel's 2Go PC is another upcoming entrant to the market of ultra-budget laptops, aimed at the education sector.
At 3.4 kilograms, the Apple IIc portable computer was the MacBook Air of 1984. Ever wonder what makes up a vintage classic? We took one apart to find out.
PCs now come in all shapes and forms, so here are a few unique form factors that add some unusual style to your setup.
Take a sneak-peak at Intel's next generation CPU, which looks like it will be a monster, on paper at least. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book, the new CPU brings onboard its own memory controller, it embraces a three-level cache, and the front side bus is replaced by a point-to-point interconnect.
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
Making a big splash in the ultraportable notebook category is Lenovo's latest Thinkpad model the X300. Measuring 19mm at its thinnest point and weighing just 1.3 kilograms it is one of the smallest and lightest computing solutions on the market.
The latest and hottest notebooks displayed at the Consumer Electronics Show at its full glory with the latest technology to hit our shores in the coming months.
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 2 Netgear Nighthawk M5 mobile router review: Probably too expensive, but nice
- 3 MSI Katana GF76 review: Decent gaming performance for a reasonable price
- 4 Asus ROG Flow Z13 review: A full-fledged gaming PC disguised as a tablet
- 5 iPhone SE (2022) review: An uneven and disappointing ‘upgrade’
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Razer Blade 15’s 240Hz OLED panel pushes laptop displays to new frontiers
- Intel’s first Arc laptops arrive in the U.S. with shockingly high prices
- Up to 100 Lenovo laptops are a security risk — what now?
- Google accidentally broke some Chromebook cameras. Here’s how to fix it
- HP’s Spectre x360 16 is a unique 2-in-1 laptop with a huge OLED screen
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- What laptop should I get? Top 12 things to consider
- Best Optus iPhone SE (3rd gen) plans
- eSIMs: The advantages and disadvantages for smartphone users
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?