A document outlining the key points for the Rudd government’s 2009 announcement that it would fund the rollout of a national fibre network and a second document outlining a strategy for negotiating with Telstra and other potential investors in NBN Co are among those released by the ABC.
New research from WhistleOut, Australia’s phone and internet comparison site reveals widely varying user experiences for Australia’s NBN customers, with a third of NBN users wishing they could return to their non-NBN service.
The move is aimed at improving speeds for end customers and driving top-tier product uptake.
The ACCC has said only two local telcos have made marketing messaging changes to better reflect the NBN speeds their customers are likely to get.
NBN will press pause on its rollout of further hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) connections while it works to address poor performance encountered by end users.
Most Telstra customers with fibre to the node (FTTN) National Broadband Network connections and 100/40Mbps services were not able to achieve the speeds they paid for.
Telstra has revealed its latest plans to tackle the combined headwinds created by the NBN and an increasingly competitive market.
Some 6 million households and businesses are able to connect to the National Broadband Network, NBN announced this morning.
An analysis by Telstra has revealed that a small number of its customers with NBN services were on broadband plans with maximum speeds that were not achievable.
Australia continues to lose ground in the global broadband connection speed race.
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Australian broadband network, nbn, has reported an EBITDA loss of $1.6 billion for the year ending June 30, compared to $1.1 billion the same time last year.
NBN. Three letters so disliked even my own laptop keys are beginning to protest the frequency of their use, sticking under the weight of my tired, tired hands.
The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within 0.2% accuracy.
In today’s world, whatever your job, having skills and knowledge in Data Science will play a huge role in your career development. For example, big data and analytics gathered from customers allow marketers to build more effective digital marketing campaigns. Elsewhere, city planners are gathering huge reams of data about how people move around the city and using it to help build building ‘smart cities’ that will run faster and more efficiently.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service Now - BrisbaneNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE) - Brisbane LocationVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst - 1st LevelOther
- FTSenior Linux System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTChange Architect - technology and organisationalOther
- TPICT Portfolio AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT