Use Speedtest by Ookla below to test the speed of your NBN, fibre, ADSL or ADSL2+ Internet connection. Tell us your best download and upload speeds in the comments below.
What is Internet Speed Testing?Internet speed testing performs three key measurements used to determine the overall quality and performance of your internet connection.
The speed at which data is sent from the Internet to your computer.
The speed at which data is sent from your computer to the Internet.
The time it takes in milliseconds for a small piece of data to be sent from your computer to the Internet and back.
Speedtest by Ookla is a well-known speed test that’s frequently used to perform market analysis of Internet speeds in Australia and many other countries around the world.
Theoretical Maximum SpeedsAustralian Internet plans typically advertise these as part of their plan descriptions, however these speeds can vary depending on factors such as:
- Quality of the wiring
- The kind of modem you’re using and its settings
- Network congestion (For example, if you are testing at peak hour between 6-11pm)
- Distance from the exchange (ADSL/ADSL2+)
- Line quality
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 2 HP Spectre x360 16 review: The right 2-in-1 at the wrong time
- 3 Asus ProArt PA279CV monitor review: The go-to for content creators on a budget
- 4 Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022) review: The pinnacle of design
- 5 Netgear Nighthawk M5 mobile router review: Probably too expensive, but nice
Join the newsletter!
- Apple has reportedly hit a major iPhone roadblock with ‘failed’ 5G modem
- Apple may have a massive change in store for the M2 chip
- Microsoft is ready to leave Windows 8 behind, just like everyone else
- Apple’s AR headset again tipped to arrive within months
- Everything you need to know about 4K
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- Best Click Frenzy mobile and Internet plan deals
- Microsoft’s iconic browser Internet Explorer is being killed off in June
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?