With Horizon: Zero Dawn rumored to come to PC in 2020, we look back on how the PC became "Microsoft's territory" in the Xbox One era, and how Sony let it happen.
With Skyrim, the sky should have been the limit. Yet ‘Greymoor’ looks like a strangely limiting expansion.
Battle passes are causing me to play one game a lot more to the detriment of all others. I don't think I'm alone, nor do I think it's healthy for the industry.
As Microsoft shuts down Windows 7, it has an opportunity to move Windows into a new era—and it could take a few lessons from Apple on how to do that.
There was a time when Microsoft dared to be crazy and creative with Windows. Those days feel like they're over.
The morning after its initial announcement, I rushed down to Intel's booth at this year's CES with one goal in mind: to go hands-on with the company's nifty foldable concept device.
2020 has barely begun and we already have out first camera gimmick of the year. Please make it stop.
The last decade brought a lot of new headstones in the Google Graveyard, but some major products could be on the chopping block over the next 10 years.
There's just too much wrong with the Pixel 4 right now to recommend it—even if you got one as a gift.
As the Epic Games Store turns one, we look back at a year of exclusives, free games, and—most shocking of all—how competition seems to have reinvigorated Steam.
If you have experienced only 3 unplanned outages this year, don’t let Black Friday be your 4th for all of the wrong reasons.
For the first time in 15 years, AMD's processors rule desktop computing. Here's how Ryzen managed to overturn Intel's long-held dominance.
Once you have the ability to divorce the Windows operating system experience from PC gaming, you have to ask yourself how much the former really brings to the experience.
Businesses seem to be caught up with the ‘self-everything’ hype these days: self-driving cars, self-learning AIs and self-service chatbots, to name but a few.
PCWorld graphics expert Brad Chacos compares AMD's Game Clock for Radeon graphics cards against Nvidia's Boost clock ratings.
Once upon a time MSI’s laptops were big, loud, gaudy and fast. Not now. Today’s range features outstanding models that are suited to performance-hungry gamers, portability-demanding road warriors, noise-intolerant designers and ergonomically-engrossed of office-based employees.
Toys for Boys
Traditionally, choosing a laptop has been about compromise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Reno2 Z review: A feature-filled, mid-tier masterpiece
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds 3 review: Tit for tat
- 3 Motorola Moto G8 Plus (2019) review: Insignificant Upgrade
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review: Mission accomplished
- 5 Lexon Oblio Wireless Charger (2019) review: Simple and sweet
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft didn't win the PC turf war. Sony never showed up.
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security review: Good protection in need of an overhaul
- Google wants to bring Steam to Chromebooks
- Elder Scrolls Online's Skyrim-themed ‘Greymoor’ expansion is a missed opportunity
- Razer DeathAdder V2 review: We like the upgrades, but what's with the weighty name?
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?