This is a LaCie hard drive that’ll get the job done but it doesn’t make a good case for why it should be the SSD you go with over the other options.
Servers & Storage
Samsung has upped their investment in the NVMe SSD space, announcing the new 970 EVO Plus.
Seagate's new portable SSD storage might work much the same as last year's products did but they look a whole lot more stylish.
Here are our picks for the best computers of 2018:
QNAP has launched the HS-453DX, a silent NAS that features an Intel Celeron quad-core processor, HDMI 2.0 output, 4K real-time transcoding and 10GbE high-speed connectivity.
Synology has launched the DiskStation DS1819+, an 8-bay desktop NAS and the RackStation RS1619xs+, a 1U 4-bay rackmount NAS.
OVH has announced a partnership with MyRepublic to offer MyRepublic’s Gamer customers access to OVH’s dedicated servers at exclusive rates.
Norton by Symantec has launched a New Zealand VPN server for its Norton Secure VPN product.
Western Digital has launched the WD Gaming Drive.
If you’re looking for a solid middle-of-the-road NAS that’s got six drives and just enough guts to do justice to most potential everyday applications, the DS1618+ is a good way to go.
QNAP has introduced the TS-2888X, an AI-ready NAS that combines hybrid storage and a ready-to-use software environment.
Crucial has announced the availability of the Crucial P1 SSD, a PC storage device that leverages the NVMe PCIe interface and Micron’s leading-edge QLC technology.
While the X5 is that much faster than the T5, you really have to be involved in an industry or hobby where that extra speed matters for it to really be worth the premium price.
Synology have launched DiskStation DS119j, a compact, 1-bay NAS.
If you’re willing to splurge on the larger sizings, the Seagate Fast SSD makes a very compelling case for itself.
These are the top rated storage products we've tested in the last year.
Ease of use and versatility are the hallmarks of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. It has an easy-to-follow UX that looks and feels much like most other commercial pieces of software you may use.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- 5 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung introduce 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
- CES 2019: Seagate sharpen portable storage lineup
- QNAP introduces new HS-453DX silent NAS
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1819+ and RackStation RS1619xs+
- OVH and MyRepublic partner to improve connectivity for Australian gamers
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?