Apple hides this feature in plain sight, letting you have a scanner for your Mac without a USB cable or other software.
If you once shared an iCloud account across devices, an ex-partner might still have access.
The way to use AirPlay to mirror a Mac display is obvious. The manner of doing so is different with different versions of macOS.
Apple chose a different startup scheme for its Apple silicon models that prevents booting up from an Intel-targeted disk.
If you’ve gone through routine troubleshooting and nothing fixes your drive. you may want to try to recover the startup volume’s contents by booting using recoveryOS.
Bluetooth can be a useful technology for short-range connections, sometimes known as personal area networks (PANs). We use Bluetooth for fitness bands, earbuds and headphones, hotspot tethering, and input peripherals.
Concerned about your Mac's startup SSD or hard disk drive falling into someone else's hands? Encrypting the startup volume prevents access to that drive unless they know an account password password or, in some cases, possess the correct hardware to unlock the contents.
You can avoid most of the Internet bandwidth overhead by copying from drive to drive.
Years ago, Apple automatically created a Recovery partition when installing macOS. But it can get corrupted, overwritten, or deleted.
Lithium-ion batteries slowly shrink in capacity; a replacement may be covered under warranty.
It may not be a hot category anymore, but good desktop PCs are still around if you know where to look
Our top rated PCs for February 2012
Here are all the Medion PCs we've reviewed to date
Notebooks may be more popular, but PCs are still around
In modern business, the customer experience is everything. For small businesses with physical locations, providing an excellent wireless environment is no longer a nice-to-have, especially now that enterprise-grade, ultra-high-speed gigabit Wi-Fi is the standard for every business in a digital-first world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 iPhone 13 Pro review: An obvious update, but not a minor one
- 2 Acer Swift X review: A rare ultraportable laptop with bite
- 3 Razer Blade 14 review: For gamers who want to lighten up
- 4 Vivo X60 Pro (2021) smartphone review: A capable photographer’s companion
- 5 MSI Summit E15 (2021) review: A productivity workhorse with a gaming pedigree
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to use your Mac to snap pictures or scan documents with your iPhone or iPad
- How to cut your ex out of your iCloud account
- How to mirror your Mac display through AirPlay
- How to migrate a startup volume from an Intel to an M1 Mac
- How to copy a failing drive to a backup using Mac Recovery
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- The best Aussie mobile phone plan deals in October 2021
- Valheim Hearth and Home update is a builder's dream, say the developers
- Suunto releases the Suunto 9 Peak sports watch in Australia
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?