Amazon.com will let copyright holders opt out of having their books read aloud on the company's Kindle 2 book reader, in an apparent concession to concerns raised about the device's text-to-speech feature.
Australian Internet users feel broadband value has not improved over the past twelve months, according to Whirlpool's 2007 Australian Broadband Survey, released this week.
The SanDisk Sansa Connect aims to both connect users and rid them of the need to hook up their player to a PC.
Based on previous experience from building my own arcade cabinet, recreation of a classic arcade system can be a tricky affair. A great deal of information is available on the Internet from other people's examples, but never in one centralised location. This is where this book comes into the picture.
Targeted at new and experienced eBay users alike, this book by Greg Holden is the ultimate guide book on everything and anything to do with eBay. Being a novice eBay user, I was interested to see if this book would help me understand the fundamentals of online bidding and how not to get duped by some of the artificial sales that everyone hears about. The fact that there is a diverse range of things available for purchase is why eBay still remains popular to this day.
Google is one of the most powerful and most widely-used search engines in the world. The actual word, Google, has even become a verb, meaning 'to search'. There are even examples of people describing how they searched for information on prospective partners by 'googling' them.
Mac OS X made its debut three years ago and is now on its third major revision, called Panther. It’s time for OS 9 holdouts to think seriously about junking the Classic operating system and making the switch.
Now in its second edition, High Score is the ultimate coffee table book for gamers and geeks alike.
From Scott Mueller — the author who so far has brought us 15 editions of Upgrading and Repairing PCs — inevitably comes a technical manual dedicated to the notebook computer. This book is much like an encyclopedia for notebook computers in that it also covers all that there is to know about the history of portable computers and the different types of notebooks that have been available since the 1980s.
The big thing about Macs was that — supposedly — you could sit a newbie down in front of one and three nanoseconds later they’d have the system down. But now there are two problems with that: Windows XP, which is a jolly nice operating system, and Mac OS X, which is even nicer but hides a scary UNIX core beneath that sexy brushed aluminium interface.
Digital video editing is one those infuriating technology propositions. Everyone wants to make home movies that look like they could be shown in your local multiplex, but often a multitude of problems crop up on the way to finishing your masterpiece. From equipping your PC to shooting good footage, editing it and then making DVDs, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Hence, titles like this one.
eBay is a whole lot more than an online flea market. Its software creates a platform that you can use to run a business (or, it must be said, use to unload useless stuff that’s clogging up your garage), but to really get ahead you’ve got to know the software inside out.
If you’ve seen those glamorous sites featuring Flash and want some of that magic for your own outpost on the Web, this book is worth considering.
Online! The Book tries to be so many things to so many different readers that it ends up feeling like a bit of a brain dump.
If you think your Web searches are a little lacklustre and you’re often frustrated by the results, How to Do Everything with Google has a bookload of tips to improve your skills.
Stylish and portable with a high-quality design, the headphones ensure an outstanding all-day listening experience. Delivering immaculate wireless hi-fi sound thanks to Bluetooth 4.2 and Qualcomm® apt-X™. With an integrated microphone, a six-hour battery life and a luxurious leather case, the MOMENTUM Free is the perfect companion for the mobile lifestyle. We have 4(four) to give away, so jump right in and enter today: goo.gl/oPfymS
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon modifies Kindle text-to-speech feature
- Aussie broadband value: stagnant or stingy?
- CES - SanDisk's audio player goes wireless
- RoboCup: Meet the Beckhams of the future
- Intel stops shipments of new processor
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager/Stream LeadQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Program Manager (Other
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTProject Administrator/CoordinatorSA
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther