While we haven’t yet witnessed mass market penetration of VR, advances in the technology, such as AI integration bring it closer to ubiquity.
VR and AR (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
Luna shines, but never so brightly as to erase the sight of its limitations. It’s well-priced and well-paced, but saddled by a small sense of scope when it could be so much more.
To celebrate the launch of the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Samsung Electronics Australia has partnered with The Walt Disney company Australia to bring Australian fans an exclusive Star Wars VR experience, Droid Repair Bay.
Google has announced a suite of new apps for Google Pixel, giving Aussies even more reasons to love their phones.
Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
Sony has announced the commencement of its Android 8.0 Oreo rollout on its flagship Xperia XZ Premium handset.
In 2017, VR has never been more mainstream - even if it’s not quite at the smartphone-style critical mass its proponents hunger for. Now, in Australia, you’ve got venues like Sydney’s newly-opened Virtual Reality Rooms offering up a new, easy-access avenue for VR experiences.
Epson Launches World’s First Augmented Reality Drone Flight Simulator App Optimised for Smartglasses
Epson has announced the world’s first glasses-based augmented reality drone flight simulator app, developed by Y Media Labs exclusively for the Epson Moverio BT-300 smartglasses.
Samsung, IrisVision and Vision Australia Deliver a Powerful New Tool for Vision Impaired Australians
Samsung Electronics Australia, IrisVision and Vision Australia have announced the local availability of an innovative medical device that helps provide a solution for sufferers of vision impairment using virtual reality technology.
Alienware and Dell have announced they'll be giving attendees of this year's PAX Australia the opportunity to test-drive a pair of custom designed mixed-reality experiences using the company's new Dell Visor headset.
Carlton & United Breweries and AB InBev are pleased to announce the winners from the first ever Hack the World event held in Melbourne.
VR Games developer Funomena has announced that its next VR adventure Luna will be available to players on the 17th of October.
Global fast-food brand KFC is now utilising virtual reality to train new employees, via a new VR game for the Oculus Rift.
New immersive VR technology is used to enhance orchestra performance
Intel's WiGig-powered add-on eliminates VR's wires without adding nausea-inducing latency.
Until a few years ago, virtual reality was among the innovations that seemed too far out of reach for the average consumer.
Virtualisation has long been a popular feature among Synology users - and it’s not hard to see why. The company’s modern network attached storage solutions are already capable of far more than just streamlined data storage, and with those new capabilities come with exciting possibilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Find The Droids You’re Looking for at Your Local Samsung Store
- Google buffs the Google Pixel 2's camera with new apps and features
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Epson Launches World’s First Augmented Reality Drone Flight Simulator App Optimised for Smartglasses
- Samsung, IrisVision and Vision Australia Deliver a Powerful New Tool for Vision Impaired Australians
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager/Stream LeadQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Program Manager (Other
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTProject Administrator/CoordinatorSA
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther